The ABP Library Glass Slides Collection contains 431 ‘2x2’ glass, or lantern slides, used in teaching in subjects offered in architecture and planning courses in the late 1940s/early 1950s. It comprises four groups. The first of these is a collection of almost a hundred slides of classical architectural forms, primarily ancient Greek, probably used in teaching during the 1930s and 40s. The second is group is made up of slides of a visit made by architecture lecturer David Saunders to Turkey in the late 1940s, chiefly examining architectural and decorative form. Another group are nine photographs of plans and elevations of the University’s ‘Arts and Education’ block; and a small number of photographs of the University in various stages of development. The last group is a selection of slides possibly used in the teaching of town planning in the early 1950s, coinciding with the establishment of the Diploma of Town Planning in 1950.