The Valery Garrett Collection
Permanent URI for this collection
The Valery Garrett collection was acquired in 2019. British-born Valery Garrett (1942-) has lived in Hong Kong since 1973. She trained as a designer and is an authority on Chinese dress. The collection is consisted of two components-the purchased component and the donated component. The donation comprises nearly 400 Chinese posters, photographs, porcelain figures, textiles and objects used in daily life dating from the mid-late 20th century, in particular the Cultural Revolution (1966-76) period.
What has been digitised is the purchased component, which contains 62 craft and design patterns, photographs and objects relating to the history of early-to-mid 20th century Chinese dress.
This material is out of copyright. For re-use, please attribute to Rare East Asian Collection, Archives and Special Collections, University of Melbourne
The following items are still in copyright and have been made available for University of Melbourne staff and students only under section 200AB of the Copyright Act.
- b7618052-00001 - Wu cai zui xin ci xiu fan ben. di qi ji
- b7618037-00001 - Zhongguo chu kou shang pin guang gao
- b7618038-00001 - Shi wan bian fu bing
- b7618039-00001 - Zhubajie ji hu mao ming
- b7618040-00001 - Ti hua; Chui lun : [jian tie hua]. [Image 1]
- b7618040-00002 - Ti hua; Chui lun : [jian tie hua]. [Image 2]
- b7618044-00001 - 1947 zui xin ying rong xian fu zhuang bian jie fa
- b7618045-00001 - Peiying mao xian bian jie fa. [Version 1]]
- b7618045-00002 - Peiying mao xian bian jie fa. [Version 2]
COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA Warning This material has been reproduced by or on behalf of The University of Melbourne pursuant to section 200AB of the Copyright Act 1968 (the Act). The contents of the material may be subject to copyright protection under the Act. Any further copying or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act. Do not remove this notice.