The Education Gazette and Teachers’ Aid began in July 1900 and was edited by Charles Long in its beginnings. It acted as a notice board where the Education Department could give notice to teachers about vacancies, rules and regulations, and communicate important issues. Teachers could stay up to date with new curriculum and pedagogy developments for their subjects, which included teaching materials, text books, and other tools for their subjects. Copies were sent out free of charge to schools.
The digitised collection includes volumes 1-91 (1900-1991).