Royal Commission on the North Mount Lyell Mining Disaster
AuthorParliament of Tasmania
MetadataShow full item record
Access StatusOpen Access
The Mt. Lyell Mining and Railway Company was formed in 1892 to exploit rich silver and copper lodes ar Mt. Lyell on Tasmania's west coast. By World War One, the company has absorbed its competitors to become the dominant mining and smelting company on the field. In 1964, control of the company passed to the British controlled Consolidated Gold Fields Ltd.
KeywordsMount Lyell Mining Disaster; Disasters - Tasmania - Queenstown; Mine accidents - Tasmania - Queenstown
- Click on "Export Reference in RIS Format" and choose "open with... Endnote".
- Click on "Export Reference in RIS Format". Login to Refworks, go to References => Import References